Education & Training
- MD, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Philadelphia Hand Center, Philadelphia, PA
1. Wrist motion analysis in scaphoid nonunion. Gehrmann S, Roeger T, Kaufmann R,Schaedle A, Lögters T, Windolf J. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016 Jan 27.
2. Uncommon carpal fractures. Pan T, Lögters TT, Windolf J, Kaufmann R. Eur J TraumaEmerg Surg. 2015 Dec 16.
3. Management algorithm for index through small finger carpometacarpal fracture dislocations. Büren C, Gehrmann S, Kaufmann R, Windolf J, Lögters T. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2015 Dec 11.
4. Reconstruction of septic diaphyseal bone defects with the induced membrane technique. Scholz AO, Gehrmann S, Glombitza M, Kaufmann RA, Bostelmann R, Flohe S, Windolf J.Injury. 2015 Oct;46 Suppl 4:S121-4.
5. Ultrasound combined with electrodiagnosis improves lesion localization and outcome in posterior interosseous neuropathy. Wininger YD, Buckalew NA, Kaufmann RA, Munin MC. Muscle Nerve. 2015 Dec;52(6):1117-21.
6. Fracture-dislocations of the carpometacarpal joints of the ring and little finger. Gehrmann SV, Kaufmann RA, Grassmann JP, Lögters T, Schädel-Höpfner M, Hakimi M, Windolf J. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2015 Jan;40(1):84-7.
7. Curvatures of the DIP joints of the hand. Graham KS, Goitz RJ, Kaufmann RA. Hand (NY). 2014 Dec;9(4):522-8.
8. Treatment of scaphoid waist fractures with the HCS screw. Gehrmann SV, Grassmann JP, Wild M, Jungbluth P, Kaufmann RA, Windolf J, Hakimi M. GMS Interdiscip Plast Reconstr Surg DGPW. 2014 Nov 24;3:Doc 10.
I am a busy clinician who performs on average 25 or more surgeries a week. I see roughly 150 patients in clinic per week as well. I take care of the athletic teams for the Pittsburgh Panthers, Duquesne Dukes, and other local colleges. I am a hand surgery consultant for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I have research interests in the CT scan characterization of the distal humerus with an emphasis on identifying the isometric region, where a ligament reconstruction would be ideally placed. I am the Medical Director of the Monroeville Surgery Center where I am responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the busiest surgery center in the UPMC system.