Education & Training
- MD, Shandong Medical University, Jinan, China
- PhD, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
1. Li H, Hicks J, Wang L, Oyster N, Philippon M, Hurwitz S, Hogan M, Huard J. Customized platelet-rich plasma with transforming growth factor beta 1 neutralization antibody to reduce fibrosis in skeletal muscle. Biomaterials, 2016, in press.
2. Li H, Johnson N, Usas A, Lu A, Wang Y, Huard J. Sustained release of BMP2 via coacervate improves the osteogenic potential of muscle derived stem cells. Stem Cells Translational Medicine,2013, 2 (9):667-77. PMID: 23884640
3. Li H, Usas A, Chen W, Poddar M, Huard J. Platelet-rich plasma promotes the proliferation of human muscle derived progenitor cells and maintains their stemness. PLoS ONE, 2013, 8(6):e64923. PMID:23762264
4. Li H, Li B. PRP as a New Approach to Prevent Infection: Preparation and in vitro Antimicrobial Properties of PRP. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 2013, e50351, doi:10.3791/50351. PMID:23609458
5. Li H, Hamza T, Tidwell J, Clovis N, and Li B. Unique antimicrobial effects of platelet-rich plasma andits efficacy as a prophylaxis to prevent implant-associated spinal infection. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2013, 2 (9):1277-84. PMID: 23447088
6. Isaac C, Wright A, Usas A, Li H, Tang Y, Mu X, Greco N, Dong Q, Huard J. Dystrophin and Utrophin “double knockout” dystrophic mice exhibit a spectrum of degenerative musculoskeletal abnormalities. J Orthop Res, 2013, 31(3), 343-9. PMID: 23097179
7. Mifune Y, Matsumoto T, Takayama K, Ota S, Li H, Meszaros LB, Usas A, Nagamune K, Gharaibeh B, Fu FH, Huard J. The effect of platelet-rich plasma on the regenerative therapy of muscle derived stem cells for articular cartilage repair. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 2013, 21 (1): 175-85. PMID: Li, Hongshuai M.D. & Ph.D 23041435
The main research focuses are stem cell based musculoskeletal regeneration and cross talksbetween skeletal muscle and other musculoskeletal tissues during exercise, neuromuscular diseases and ageing.
1. Bone Abnormalities & Healing Defect in Muscular Dystrophy
Project period: 05/06/2014-04/30/2019
Award type: R01-1R01AR065445-01
2. The Use of Coavervate Technology as a New Drug Delivery System for Musculoskeletal Tissue Repair.
Project period: 04/04/2014-03/31/2016
Award type: R21-5R21AR066206-02