Education & Training
- PsyD, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- MA, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, Edinboro, PA
- BS, Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
1. Anthony P. Kontos, PhD1; Alicia Sufrinko, PhD; R.J. Elbin, PhD; Alicia Puskar Psy.D.; AnneMucha, DPT; Michael W. Collins, PhD. Reliability and Associated Risk Factors for the Vestibular/Ocular Motor Screening (VOMS) Tool in Healthy Collegiate Athletes (Accepted for Publication in the American Journal of Sports Medicine)
2. Sufrinko, A1, McAllister-Deitrick, J1, Kegel, N1, Puskar A1, Collins, MW1, Kontos AP1. Investigating the Relationship Between Family Migraine History and Posttraumatic Migraine Outcomes in Athletes with Sport-Related Concussion. (Upcoming Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Journal article)
3. Cohen PE1, Sufrinko A1, Marchetti G2, French J1, Elbin RJ3, Collins MW1, Kontos AP1, Puskar, A1. Acute Cognitive and Vestibular/Ocular-Motor OUTCOMES Predict Protracted Recovery.(Upcoming POJ Article)
My area of clinical focus includes treating individuals with concussion and mild TBI from adult, non-athlete, trauma based populations. Within clinic and in my role as an educator, I highlight and expand upon the multifaceted issues that surround the presentation of this injury, as well as the various factors that determine need for treatment and promote effective recoveries. From the standpoint of teaching and research, my interests are consistent with expanding the knowledge base of this unique group and population. Specifically from a research standpoint, I am interested in the factors that determine clinical presentation as well as those that promote or protract recovery from concussion/ mTBI, specifically in the non-athlete, adult, populations.
Teaching: Supervise Shadyside family medicine residency concussion rotation. Supervise advanced graduate U. of Pittsburgh and Chatham students. Also am a supervisor of the UPMC Sports Concussion Neuropsychology fellowship. Specifically regarding my role in education on concussion management, I provide a unique and expanded training experience addressing non-athlete, trauma patients, and the associated issues.
Shadyside Family Medicine Residency - Concussion Rotation:
U. of Pittsburgh Psychology Graduate Program Advanced Practicum-
Chatham Psychology Graduate Program Advanced Practicum-
Primary Care Sports Medicine-Concussion Rotation: UPMC Concussion Fellowship
Research - General Interests: Factors associated with symptomatic presentation and recovery in concussion in non-athlete trauma populations;
The role of litigation in presentation and recovery from concussion.