Education & Training
- MD, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, PA
Hagen, Tanya, and Aaron Mares. “Glenoid Labral Tears/SLAP Lesions.” The 5-Minute Sports Medicine Consult. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2011.
As Co-Head Team Physician of Pitt Football, Assistant Medical Director of the Pittsburgh Marathon, and faculty in the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, I enjoy working with the Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship, teaching athletic training and medical students, along with the clinical education of several residency programs. Research interests include the management of acute injury in contact sports and overuse injuries in endurance athletes.
1. Faculty - Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship – didactics, clinical rotations,training room
2. Faculty - University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine – Team leader involved inteaching an Integrative Case Studies course
3. Research and clinical interests include management of acute injury in contact sports and overuse injuries in endurance athletes.